In your opinion, does income inequality represent an ethical or social problem?

Income inequality is a fact of todays America. The top 1% hold more wealth as the other 99% combines. However, unequal doesnt necessarily mean unfair or unjust. In your opinion, does income inequality represent an ethical or social problem? What steps, if any, should government take to ameliorate income inequality? You may use the information from your group and others presentation #1 for this paper.